Charly Fisheries is a partnership firm engaged in the business of processing and export of frozen marine products. It was constituted under a partnership deed on 10th October 2007 by six partners, all belonging to one family. Since inception, it envisaged of setting up a most modern freezing plant with European Union approval and the search for a fast track solution led Charly Fisheries to an outright purchase of a EU approved plant. It purchased a fully equipped EU approved plant constructed on 1.24 acre of prime land in Neendakara, Kollam, Kerala from a reputed Company. To suit to the new management’s requirement, the Plant's Cold room, Refrigeration capacities as well as Electrical Installations were renovated & modernized. On completion of the first phase of modernization, the plant was formally inaugurated on the 12th July 2009.
The firm started procurement and processing of marine products in September, 2009 and first container of frozen marine products was exported on 3rd October, 2009 and since then processing activities are in full swing.
This is European Union approved (approval No.737) HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) Compliant Sea Food Processing Unit, registered with MPEDA & District Industry Department, Kollam, Kerala, India.
Mission Acquire leadership in Seafood industry through - Consumer satisfaction - Benchmarking Quality Standards - Reducing Carbon Footprints and strive for sustainable future of Seafood Industry leadership in Seafood industry.
Mr. Charly Joseph is the helmsman, mentor and major stakeholder of M/s Charly Fisheries. He was born on 10.11.1945 in a fishermen family. He started his career as Boat captain. Dedication and hard work are the only mantra which transformed him from a paltry worker to the leader of a business group which has now multinational presence. Allied business owned include a chain of marine facilities at Sakthikulangara and Neendakara viz. boat building yards, diesel dispensing units, ice making plants, deep sea fishing vessels. He also has stack in UAE as well as Qatar. His simplicity, rustic background, hard work and farsightedness contributed to the economic growth of the family business. Currently he is also the elected President of Boat owners association of Kollam District, Kerala.
Sebastian Zacharias, another partner & a technocrat, is the son-in-law of Mr. Charly Joseph. He is graduate Mechanical Engineer from National Institute of Technology, Calicut and also a post graduate in Business Management. After putting nearly two decade’s service in Quasi-Government Sectors in various managerial capacities, he started a Limited Liability Company in UAE in 2005. Presently he has business activities in construction - contracting as well as manpower services in UAE. Mr. Stalin Joseph, the elder son of Mr. Charly Joseph, has core competence in fishing boats operation & its management. He commands the family business of Fishing Vessel and provides logistics to the management functions of all other allied operations as well. His brothers Mr. Anil Joseph and Sunil Joseph are the key operators of this new venture "Charly Fisheries". Sunil Joseph has to his credit Masters in Business Administration. Mr. Roy Joseph, the third son in line, is well experienced in overseas operations. He pioneered business operations in Gulf sector during 2001 and is a veteran oversees business operator. He has been managing the Qatar & UAE operations seamlessly since 2001.
CHARLY FISHERIES - LOCATION AND ITS ADVANTAGES
The Unit is located at Neendakara in Kollam District, Kerala close to National Highway 47. It is set up in 1.24 acres of lush green "backwater-frontage" land with motorable road, capable of handling 40 Ft. Container lorry access from National Highway. The plant and its administrative building has an area of 12000 Sq. Ft. The location is considered prime and ideal for sea food processing as it is coastal precinct with backwater frontage and very close to fish landing centers (Pier). The unique location advantages as well as core competence of Charly Fisheries are:
- A captive procurement base with fleet of "in-house" deep sea fishing vessels
- Proximity to fish landing centre - the Neendakara harbor
- In house Cold-chain facility enabling Charly Fisheries to keep quality prior to and during processing
- Ice factories (which form vital part of fish processing and storing) are owned by the owners of Charly Fisheries and are available in close proximity of this Plant
- Proximity to other Pre-processing and Collection Centers of Raw Material
- Natural potable water is available in plenty
- Facilities for discharge of waste and effluents as per statutory requirement of Pollution Control authorities
- National Highway 47 is very close to the unit
- Well-developed infrastructure, communication and transport facilities
- Proximity to other landing centers viz. Alleppy & Kanyakumari
- The Unit being situated close to Cochin, services from agencies like Shipping agents, Inspection agencies, Transportation agents, Government Departments like Marine Product Export Development Authority (MPEDA), The Export Inspection Authority (EIA) etc., are easily available
- The buyers’ representative offices are located on the nearby area and hence the promoters can be in touch with them regularly which will contribute a lot for regular export orders.